The #ILGive Team will:
- Work with local newspapers, radio stations, and other media outlets to continue spreading the word to a wider audience about #ILGive
- Continue offering trainings to nonprofits participating in #ILGive, and those interested in the opportunity, on giving day best practices.
- Develop content for nonprofit’s participating in #ILGive to use, and for use on #ILGive social media pages, Facebook and Twitter.
- Craft your campaign story. How are you celebrating #ILGive? How will you use the funds raised during #ILGive? Why should donors give to you on #ILGive?
- Recruit fundraising champions for your campaign. You can use your Board, volunteers, or staff!
- Let your volunteers know you’re participating in #ILGive and you need their help in extra special ways! Give them meaningful assignments to fully engage them.
- Develop your messaging plan for the next 2 months to ensure your donors know you are participating in #ILGive on November 28. Download the email and social media timelines in the Nonprofit Toolkit to get a head start!